- As you begin the final assignment for Journalism 120, you will have to create teams (3-4 people per team).
- Once you have created your team you will then have to decide on how you are going to work as a team.
- Click here and copy the information in one of your Google Drive accounts using Google Docs.
- Discuss what you think should be your team norms and type the information using Google Docs.
- When you have finished, share it with your teacher. Once your teacher has looked it over, you will then print it off.
Team Roles and Responsibilities
- In any effective team, it is always recognized that the work is shared. In order to help facilitate this practice, when your team meets, you will each have a specific role.
- Click here to view the specific roles. Make your own copy of this file in one of your Google Drive accounts using Google Docs.
- There are four specific roles. If you have only three members, then two roles will have to be combined (combine task facilitator and time keeper/material collector) .
- Read over the roles as a team. Decide as team who will be responsible for each role when your team gets together. The roles have to be rotated; one team member cannot do the same role each time.
- Type the information in Google Docs, using the schedule provided. Rotate the names so everyone has an opportunity to complete each role.
- When you have finished, share it with your teacher. Once the teacher has looked it over, you will then print it off.
Managing your Project
- You will mange your project using an online application called Trello.
- Select a member of your team and click here to make a Trello account (You can log in using your Google account).
- In Trello, create a new board and then make three lists: To do, Doing, Done. See the image below.
- Add under the "To do" list the tasks indicated in the image below. Then move the tasks to the appropriate list as you work or complete them.
|Click on the image to enlarge|